Auto Registration:

When you're new to Colorado, you register your car in your new county of residence. Make sure to bring the car's title, current registration, an ID, your proof of insurance form and the name and address of your auto loan lender if you don't yet have the pink slip.

Eagle County:
0020 Eagle County Drive 
Suite A
El Jebel, CO
(970) 704-2700

Pitkin County:
530 E Main Street
Aspen, CO
(970) 920-5180

Garfield County:
109 8th Street
Suite 200
Glenwood Springs, CO
(970) 945-1377

Local Publications:



Driver’s License:

No matter where you live in the Roaring Fork Valley, you will need to go to Glenwood Springs to get a Colorado driver’s license. The Colorado Department of Motor Vehicles is located at:

Glenwood Springs Mall
51027 Highway 6 #133
(970) 945-8229

For driver's license requirements for those relocating from another state or country, visit the Colorado DMV website.


Electricity Providers

Holy Cross Energy
(970) 945-5491

Glenwood Springs Electric
 (970) 384-6423

Natural Gas

AM Gas, Aspen
(970) 925-2901

Source Gas, Carbondale
(800) 563-0012

KN Energy, Glenwood Springs
(800) 563-0012

Phone, Internet & Satellite TV

(800) 244-1111


(800) 950-5555

Trash Pick Up

In this area, trash is collected by private companies rather than by local governments.

Aspen Trash
(970) 963-3935

Waste Management of Colorado
(970) 963-5583


Aspen Water Dept.
(970 920-5030

Basalt Water Dept.
(970) 927-4701

Carbondale Water Dept.
(970) 963-2733

Glenwood Springs Water
(970) 334-6400